View Single Post
Old 03.03.2009, 11:46 PM   #42
amerikangod
invito al cielo

amerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's asses
On first listen it was kind of a boner-killer. I guess because it's not how I'd hoped it'd sound in my head. I wanted it to be more raw and noisey and less upbeat and smooth. But upon further listens, I'm getting excited again. I'm glad I listened to it. That way I don't show up on prom night with wild expectations only to have her cry when I pull out and cum on her thigh after two minutes of arhythmic pumping. Maybe now we might actually have some good sex, 'The Eternal'?

I can say that I'm not a big fan of some of Thurston's vocal stylings as they do have a bit of a 'Sonic Nurse' vibe to them (and I did not care for the overall vibe of that album.) I can say that I AM a fan of the fact that it sounds like there will be a nice pacing to the album. I noticed some 'A Thousand Leaves' melodies in there too, although at a somewhat increased tempo. Some more 'Sonic Nurse' type melodies as well. But very little 'Rather Ripped.'

'Sacred Trickster' is a Kim song (which surprised me) and sounds promising. I kind of like the whoa-oh-ing in 'No Way,' is it? 1:18 to 1:21 is a total Wipers riff. Like, the opening of 'When it's Over' off of 'Youth of America.' 'Anti-Orgasm' sounds like it might be one of my favorites.

Oh, and they totally didn't look to black metal for the lyrics. "Mission Control to brain police" and "I don't want to know who has the highest score" don't quite make me feel like I'm looking through falling snow towards the Welkin... or make me want to use any adjectives connoting the cold.

amerikangod is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|