View Single Post
Old 09.12.2014, 09:54 PM   #1088
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
yo sev, I've been listening to Blowout Comb this week. I loved that album growing up. Was a huge DP fan back then. And always thought it was better than Reachin'. But hearing it now... fuck. It's been 15 years at least. And I'm just like - I can't believe how amazing this record really is. So so so amazing. They were really just unbelievably in the zone and the shit made them implode. It sucks.

Hell yeah, Blowout Comb is an all time favorite of mine, and I always forget about it when a list needs to be made, or people start talking "classics."

I recently purchased a promo-only copy of just instrumentals and beats from the album by DJ Jedi. (it was a two disc package so I actually thought it was a deluxe of the original album. Cover art was almost exactly the same.)
Anyway I bought it used but it was in a plastic sleeve. When I got home and geared up to play it, I opened it up and saw that only one of then CD slots actually contained a CD. The other was totally empty.

So I took it back, and the dude who sold it to me said it was just "funky promo packaging" and that he was "pretty sure it was only one cd, and that nothing was missing." And I thought "the only other thing that would go there is a booklet, and there's also no booklet, so fuck this noise"

I mean, I spend a lot of time with promos. I'm helping a local record store by taking home a ton of promos every week, and writing summaries of them, which I then return to my buddy who owns the place. He thinks I'm some sort of music need or something because he always buys what I tell him I like ... actually, he buys the stuff I like as much or more than he buys the stuff that I think will sell.

Anyway, I got my money back and left the Jedi beats cd in the 2xCD container at this crappy hole in the wall place, and I wish I hadn't. THATS how much I love Blowout Comb. I want a deluxe reissue of that shit to drop ASAP. Fucking great record.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|