Thread: Good covers.
View Single Post
Old 06.10.2006, 05:49 AM   #25
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iain
Yesyesyes....anything from 'Plays Standards' by Ground Zero. I imagine most of that record would be considered 'covers'.

Indeed. I'm glad I'm not the only one here who recognises the sheer genius of that album. I have made it very clear to most that know me that I want Die Papple vom Karlsplatz from that album played at my funeral. It's a hearty thumbs up from over here.

I should've mentioned Gabba (http://www.myspace.com/gabbauk) who do covers of Abba songs in the style of the Ramones. Check the shit out of that shit.

The Delgado's cover of ELO's 'mr blue skies' is outstanding.

Keiji Haino's version of 'see that my grave is kept clean'.

Half man half biscuits version of the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|