View Single Post
Old 05.21.2020, 07:59 AM   #52709
Diesel
the destroyed room

Diesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagon

Another great band overlooked upon a bunch of not so favorable (and mostly unwarranted) Joy Division comparisons. Influences are certainly there, most notably in Eric Cope's vocal delivery, but Glorious Din were in no way just derivative of JD. They brought so much of their own to the table. GD songs for instance tended to have much more jangly guitar-work, sometimes even giving the sound a touch of Blues and Country. There's certainly more of a "Western"-feeling to them. Yet, at the same time, they also had quite a few North-African and Eastern influences here and there. It's a great and quite unique blend. An overlooked Post-Punk gem. They deserved so much more attention than they got.

Joy Division you sayyy? My interest is peaked. I shall check them out post-apocalypse piss up.

Has anyone ever noticed Joy Division have the same initials as Jack Daniels? The two singular greatest inventions of the modern world. Nah, me either. Thats is, not until I drank this bottle of Hop House 13. Let's hear it for alcohol yea; and let's be honest, pure ignorant stupidity, for not noticing.

Cheers.
Diesel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|