View Single Post
Old 04.23.2018, 01:25 AM   #30
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
Lee had other activities in this festival which I sadly missed. On Friday, he did a workshop on improvisation and extended techniques on electric guitar. Sonic Youth's re-creation of George Mačiūnas' " "Piano Piece #13" (for Nam June Paik)" was a reference point by Lee and a video was shown to participants, and then Lee performed a bit of noise, judging by some scattered videos on facemook. This event was of a private nature, while all the others were free access.

Yesterday, before the show took place, Lee participated in a presentation of his book, "Some Writings on Music and Musicians", and I was supposed to attend and had my pass actually, but happened to arrive about fifteen minutes late, and was told the room had been closed. Wandered around for a bit, found a merch table and picked up three of Lee's solo records, and some books at other stands, then secured my place dead front centre of the stage, and spend the time reading all the while waiting for the show. I was happy to be in front of Lee and have the guitar swing so close to me at times. I had the Sony PCM M-10 and a digital camera (decided to sneak 'em in even though the organizers suggested not to). I hope to upload the audio recording next weekend. Meanwhile here are a few more blurry pictures: