View Single Post
Old 02.23.2012, 10:33 PM   #56
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
yes, antidepressant pills are basically uppers, they do not cure fucked up thinking. whoever gave that crazy such a perscription unsupervised is an incompetent fuck.

under the supervision of professionals, on the other hand, pills can be a good tool to get you off your couch of sorrows. but just that. the rest is up to you and the therapist.

Yes. About 6 years ago, I was feeling blah. "Grey," is how I described it to my then-wife. Not happy not sad. Just plain, life wasn't interesting anymore, no matter what I tried. "See your doctor," she said, and God, I'm glad I did. She put me on very mild anti-depressants, and within about 2 weeks, I felt like a veil had been lifted from in front of my eyes.

The little pills didn't make life's problems or worries go away. They didn't make me ecstatically happy. But they made me feel that I could cope, and--I know this sounds corny but--that everything would be okay.