Thread: The Fall
View Single Post
Old 01.11.2007, 06:04 AM   #41
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
I like the Witch Trials too (Various Times being my favorite); Bend Sinister, that I bought to listen to what John Leckie (who had done great for Magazine) had brought to the band - I've got to say that I was extremely surprised.
It all started from a double page in the NME in 1990 or 91 (Sonic Youth on the cover); Hex Enduction Hour was my first.
In 2003, French cartoonist Luz published an album called the Joke about his love of the band. The guy is a fan but he can't help making fun of the band (its several line ups, the booze) and his own addiction to it. Actually, it turned so much the band into a myth for a friend of mine that he got to listen to it (not Cerebral Caustic, which has some so-so reviews in the Peel Sessions box-set booklet, but Grotesque - another one that I like quite a lot).
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|