View Single Post
Old 10.20.2017, 05:08 AM   #21748
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
From what I know (which isn't much) he doesn't actually do much of a score per film. He has a fair few "underlings" who will write pieces and he'll approve of it etc. I think it's only a few songs that he actually 100% scores himself.

Think about it, it's not like he's gonna be holed up beavering away at 3-4 films a year always trying to write something new.

Most of his songs are pretty elemental and basic too. Like, the “theme” from Batman Begins/Dark Knight/Dark Knight Rises was really just two notes, played in repeated swells between sort of ambient horns and drums and the occasional segment of feedback.

Ditto for Man of Steel (eight notes that time), and I forget what he did for Interstallar and Inception and Gladiator and the other million films he’s worked on.

I do with Johan Johansson would have had the BR 2049 score. Seemed like a match made in heaven. Maybe he’ll release what he was working on for it at some point. I’m not sure if the early trailers — pre-Johannson’s departure — featured his music, but they seemed to be based on reimaginings of the original Vangelis score. That score doesn’t turn up until the very end of the movie, so I wonder if those trailers do contain snippets of what Johan was putting together for the film. Hmm.

Anyway, if he were to release a BR-centric project, or a collection of unused demos, I’d totally buy that shit.

That Arrival soundtrack is one of the best I’ve heard in recent memory.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|