View Single Post
Old 03.12.2022, 07:43 PM   #2
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
I mean, musical taste is incredibly subjective. Ask 10 people and you'll have 10 very different lists. I for one think A Thousand Leaves has some of the best songs of their 90s catalogue on there, yet I don't think it works quite as well as an album as most others do - it feels a bit disjointed to me in spite of its great individual tracks, but that's just me. Which in no way makes it a bad album, just one I rather enjoy for its individual songs than its structure.

Anyway, if I had to insert my pet-peeve it's that BMR is once again getting one of the middling to lower ranks. Not a lot of love for this absolutely amazing album from mainstream critics. Also: NYCGAF was one of their most cohesive albums in the overall mood and atmosphere. Never got why it was so maligned/met with lukewarm reception. Infamous Pitchfork review notwithstanding, people still haven't quite warmed up to it yet, even if they may not openly hate it. But, oh well, it's polarizing and probably ran counter to people's expectations at the time, I guess.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|