View Single Post
Old 02.05.2020, 09:57 AM   #5832
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
historically already in 300 there were splinters and religious wars, “heresies” (arrianism), etc. not sure when the eastern churches split. habte used to know this shit from primary sources. it has never been a single thing. not sure when “catholic” proper began.

anyway though, we live in the present. i think protestantism’s good intentions also unleashed many deep atrocities that were worse. there’s a sort of obligatory moderation in being mainstream, and “personal interpretation” became a free for all. consider evangelicals in charge of u.s. nukes.... onwards christian soldiers (yikes).

funny story (not funny): i went to catholic school and the child molesters turned out to be the fucking civilian teachers! at least 2 were found out. also, some cub scouts asshole. the priests were ok.

i dodged those bullets but heard the gossip.

ANYWAY. keep fighting the good fight.

all you say is true, but not part of what the book covered,

Mr. Hislop was deeply offended by the 1865 Papal decree that Mary, wife of Joseph and mother of lil baby jeebus, was born and died a Virgin, and was born FROM a virgin, ideas wholly drawn from paganism and not part of the Bible in any way. He saw where that type of shit leads.