View Single Post
Old 01.29.2009, 11:03 PM   #13
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
I made it my new year resolution to stop listening to anything that has dubious motivations for existing.

Dubious motivations according to sarramkrop:

1 - An infantile desire to shock

2 -Saying shit, just louder

3 - Purposely trying to drive people off your music, rather than spreading the good/evil and all inbetween vibes

4 - Imagining that notes are really a substitute for your 'plague'

5 - Imagining that lack of talent is easily hidden by aural ineptitude

Good riddance.

All fair. From what I understand about this movie, it shouldn't be overly like that. Of course when you document a bunch of people, somebody is likely to go that direction, but I have to say my experience of the Portland "noise" scene is that it's mostly people who take making music seriously in the right ways. I don't think Yellow Swans or Soup Purse are even "noise" by the cliches of the genre, but it seems to be an effective way to get a certain level of acceptance in Portland to say you play "noise" that you will never get saying you play "electro-acoustic" or "experimental music". It's kind of like the days when bands like Flipper and Sun City Girls were considered part of the "hardcore" scene because that was the scene they arose from rather than sounded like.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|