View Single Post
Old 04.27.2017, 07:26 AM   #99
bloodcrystallisetosand
bad moon rising

bloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's assesbloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's assesbloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's assesbloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's assesbloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's assesbloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's assesbloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's assesbloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's assesbloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's assesbloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's assesbloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's asses
Gold Panda is fuckin mint, whatever the most recent LP was called is well worth a nosey. Last album for about five years where I've heard one song from it in a record store and bought it there and then. Been dipping a dirty toe into the murky waters of ambient/tech house/minimal techno/etc etc recently, having seemingly explored the vast majority of guitar based and jazz stuff I can be arsed with at the moment. FKA Twigs is worth a go. Someone else mentioned Arca, which I'll second. Latest Bjork, whilst she's an old hand by this point, is outstanding and is half produced by Arca, so gets bonus contemporary points.

Without sounding like too much of a knob, the intersection between minimal/ambient dance/IDM and avant pop seems to be where the really interesting stuff is happening right now, stuff that has a chunk of Bjork in its DNA but is pulling from all sources, from Siouxsie and the Banshees and jungle 12"s and random old vocal jazz that pops up on Youtube in equal measure. ANOHNI is another one. Oh, I've also been playing a lot of the field, that guy, alex wietsel or something, is seriously on the case.
bloodcrystallisetosand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|