View Single Post
Old 06.18.2013, 09:14 AM   #17090
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Well I thought it was a great film so ner. Pretentious? Of course it bloody well is but so what.
everyone making art is by definition "pretentious" so i'm not going to hold that against the guy, or anyone actually.

the movie just bored me senseless. storywise, it appeared to be a glorified, gorgeously shot home movie with philosophical ramblings--- but still a home movie. "little timmy, at 7, playing in the backyard." unless i'm related to little timmy, i don't give a fuck, and then only for 30 seconds.

SPEAKING OF WHICH

watched PTA's "the master" this weekend. i got the sense he wants to be the next terry malick. a bit of a rambling aimless story with again gorgeous shots of all kinds of shit. i liked the movie, but i felt i could have liked it more if he hadn't been so purposefully ambiguous. i can't explain this just yet because i haven't had time to think about it yet, but when the movie ended i thought "what the fuck? is this the end?"

anyway, joaquin and the fatman did a great job. so did that chick that looks like the blonder sister from the one in the office.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|