View Single Post
Old 07.28.2009, 08:49 PM   #7452
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
I dont know. Something about 2 I loved.

I will say, I've seen it only twice, while I've seen volume 1 probably 7 times. I like that Tarantino takes chances. I mean, he really does -- "Death Proof", while embarassing and awful to me, was a very risky move by him. And, ultimately, it bombed badly, but come on.. how could it not? 45 minutes of it is a girl riding on a car!

Still, he clearly has balls, I guess. And volume 2 gets my respect since it does away with action completely (except for one fight) and, if I remember correctly, only 1 person gets killed in it! Actually, kinda brilliant -- there's almost no real violence in it. Also, there's a loooooong stretch of the movie where the Bridge gets captured, buried, and has to fight her way out. I really love that part, everything about it, and I think the way he split up the movies was quite brilliant. Still, about half of Volume 2, I could've done without, and the final confrontation with Bill was just kinda silly.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|