View Single Post
Old 01.28.2013, 02:54 PM   #17086
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/sho...ighlight=woody

PARIS- I hated it. It was way too eager to please. Owen Wilson sucks. It's point was obvious very early on. etc.

ROME- I liked it. A lot actually. The stories all unfolded in unexpected directions. Watching it, I did something I haven't done in an Allen film for years and years and years: laugh a lot and enjoy myself. It's slight, but not brainless.

rome is celebrity yes? i liked it but i thought its points about celebrity were a little too telegraphed. loved the shower opera though-- this is reminiscent of both broadway danny rose (the agent of doomed acts) and zelig-- zelig because of the absurdity of the situations. damn, the first time i watched zelig i laughed so hard i had bellyaches-- hasn't fared so well in rewatches for me, but still that first time was tremendously memorable.

re: paris yes it's a bit of a sentimental movie but eh! and ellen page was great in it.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|