View Single Post
Old 09.09.2010, 10:12 AM   #12312
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I will definitely watch Kick Ass again though.

I know you've mentioned how you liked it better than the last Batman flick.

to me that movie, for all it's supposed "flaws" (which are really just film nitpicks created because the source material is comic books, and the film is very true to the comic book way of plot propulsion, i.e. not knowing HOW the Joker planned and prepared all his incredibly super-complex schemes. In the comics it is taken for granted that a maniacal homocidal psycopath witll do anything and everything to achieve his plans. In films, the audience has to be shown every single thing, or else it "does not exist" in their minds, because audiences are stupid sheep) is the perfect comic book adaptation.

You know how Fear & Loathing in Las vegas was not a super faithful adaptation of the book, but nonetheless managed to make you feel exactly what the book makes you feel at many different times and with equal intensity? That is what the last Batman did for me.
Batman was my FAVORITE comic book growing up.

Kick Ass, since I have not read the book, I have to treat as just a movie. I will definitely place it among the top echelon of comic book films (spiderman 2, the first Michael Keaton batman, the two Nolan Batmans, the Crow, Blade, the Watchmen)