Thread: bowie
View Single Post
Old 08.16.2007, 10:19 AM   #60
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
more talented than him (ahem, marc bolan, for once)

Oh I don't know - Bowie and Bolan were about neck and neck in the early 70's, and it's hard to judge what Bolan's talent would have produced had he lived.

As for hogging other people's limelight - he's an entertainer, that's his job.
If other musicians weren't as fabulous as Ziggy, that's not Bowie's fault. He can't be blamed for other people's mediocrity.

yeah, they were neck to neck, in the 70's, in england; and now, all music posers are like "david bowie is the greatest" when perhaps 20% of those people have heard just "bang a gong", let alone the slider and/or electric warrior.

and by your logic, then kiss must be the greatest band in the world and, say, the new york dolls, a bunch of mediocre people. i mean, they are not as fabulous entertainers as gene simmons and company.

i do think that one of bowie's biggest talents is finding and surrounding himself with amazing songwriters, producers and musicians.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|