View Single Post
Old 06.12.2013, 06:18 AM   #374
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
That is a matter of taste, personally I think half of the east coast rappers, including those who Tupac feuded with, simply rap like shit. Their fucking cadence is off..

You don't know what you are talking about. All that media hype was exaggerations and speculations about what was REALLY happening behind closed doors outside of the music and the newspapers. Tupac had personal beef for personal reasons with all those people you think is just about rap or him living some kind of fantasy. They knew it, he knew it, and they shouldn't have been so naive as to think it was all just about rap music. Tupac's rap music was art reflecting a certain reality, one which he took seriously because it was his own. Did he get too caught up? Yes. But so did 50,000 shot or killed gangsters in the LA area from 90-1997... That is just how it iz. Maybe y'all can't feel it cuz it ain't real to some of y'all, and you are critiquing it simply as a form of art or music, and judging him harshly by those terms.

I'm really judging it more by how fun it is for me to listen to. I'm taking a pretty vacant, shallow view of it, really... I'm not judging it by its artistic merits, but by the fact that it makes me feel bummed the fuck out. I hope you understand where I'm coming from here. It takes a lot for hip hop to be "too much" for me, but that man's voice was full of a specific kind of hostility and anger that I can't really enjoy at this point in my life.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|