View Single Post
Old 04.28.2009, 04:41 PM   #142
killthecaliforniagirls
little trouble girl

killthecaliforniagirls cold hard suckakillthecaliforniagirls cold hard suckakillthecaliforniagirls cold hard suckakillthecaliforniagirls cold hard suckakillthecaliforniagirls cold hard suckakillthecaliforniagirls cold hard suckakillthecaliforniagirls cold hard suckakillthecaliforniagirls cold hard suckakillthecaliforniagirls cold hard suckakillthecaliforniagirls cold hard suckakillthecaliforniagirls cold hard sucka
Please donīt read this if you havenīt heard the record yet!

1) Sacred trickster – I really like this one. Itīs very compact and powerful - but in a clever way. To me it definitely presents an aspect of the band that I havenīt heard before. Itīs not like sister, daydream nation, goo, dirty or anything else from “rockier” era.

2) Anti Orgasm - The straight bass drum reminds me a bit of plastic sun from murray street. Thereīs also a part that sounds like no queen blues from washing machine. To me the first part is a bit boring regular rock. The song is splitted into two main parts (like washing machine from washing machine) and the second part is way better to me. Doesnīt remind of any other SY Song. Maybe It has a bit from of atmosphere on Sonic Nurse.

3) Leaky Lifeboat – Pretty much like a rather ripped song. The structure has some similarities to pink steam. First impression: a bit boring.

4) Antenna- has a real good start. Didnīt like that song when they played it live. But now I like the melodies. Structure still seems some kind of uninspired to me.
“We need to do find a verse and a chorus and then we can lead in a free “jam”. Thereīs a typical SY Bridge that sounds like theyīre ripping of themselves. The last 7 seconds are amazing.

5) What we know - The Opening sequence is really interesting but it leads into some boring rock riffings. Thereīs some fine noise going on the middle of the song. The main bassline is really boring but when it comes together with the guitar itīs really turns out into something interesting.

6) Calming the snake – And again thereīs is a “heard a thousand times before” bassline. The guitar break is just boring and almost every post rock band on this planet is using it. Kim is doing a good “job”. And again thereīs a second part in this song – way better than the first one – you could say itīs washing machine like (with a drum fill from pattern recognition) – itīs a typical “Neu!” Part as well.

7) Poison Arrow – Thurston is doing the voices on this track. In my opinion the recording werenīt well done because they sound a bit like theyīre glued upon the music. This song is okay… The Chorus is boring as hell again. Bass reminds me of rats from rather ripped.

8) Malibu Gas station – Best song so far. Cool and sweet melodies… Kim is doubling the guitars. Most colourful and varied Song but still not very deep.

9) Thunderclap – Didnīt like it from the montage and I still think that itīs one of the most boring songs I ever heard of SY.

10) No Way – They started the Concert in Düsseldorf with that song. Sounds like a song from the Thurston Moore Solo Record. I like it. Nothing special but also very multifarious. Sounds like the only guitar tuning theyīre using on this record is a drop-d. The drumming is excellent. The structure is very classic but it suits the song.

11) walking blue – This is a strange song. The Chorus sounds british to me – The bassline reminds me of blur with thereīs no other way. You should check that – itīs funny!

12) massage the history – Massage the history has a beauty atmosphere. But it also reminds me of the Thurston Moore Solo record (is it because of the acoustic guitars)
Thereīs an interesting cut in the main melody that I still donīt get into. I like that. Kim is singing in the highest pitch I ever noticed. To me thereīs no connection to I love you golden blue. Thereīs a real nice drum fill that they are also using at the end of sympathy for the strawberry. I like it when everything calms down In the middle of the song and gets back to the start. Definitely the most interesting song on the record.

Best Songs: Massage the history, sacred Trickster, No Way, Malibu Gas Station.
But itīs the worst record SY ever made in my opinion and iīm really sorry for that. To be honest it breaks my heart.
killthecaliforniagirls is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|