Thread: uk vs. us punk?
View Single Post
Old 05.16.2011, 11:45 PM   #103
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray

But really, fuck punk rock. Fuck labels. Put on some khakis and a v-neck sweater and read books and boggle the minds of those often leather clad idiots when they discover you know more about their own "labels" than they do. that's punk rock to me. Miles Davis is punk rock to me. Pere Ubu is punk rock as fuck to me, Stooges, Dolls, Iggy (come on, fucker used to roll around is glass now he rolls around in cash, pretty punk if ya ask me), Coltrane, Sun Ra, Prurient, Merzbow....none of which claim punk rock but are considerably more punk rock than those that think the label really serves any purpose in 2011.
this sounds a lot like the way the minutemen and mike watt felt about and lived punk rock. definitely what i feel as well. although i much rather hear clever lyrics about a faulty system than nonsensical ones.

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|