View Single Post
Old 06.21.2006, 01:55 AM   #46
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarLips

so I'm guessing you and AssBlaster are one in the same..typical....
I think you're just upset that someone who calls themself "Assblaster" has more sense than you do.

Quote:
I see you are only 18 years old (which probably is not true either)
I'm 18, and I can't believe a person who doesn't even display their own age in their profile is telling me that I am not.

Quote:
but anyways..it is clear from reading your posts you lack valid musical referances also I doubt you possess any talents of your own...outside of using a keyboard to type and play computer games..

You're just as guilty as I am when it comes to posting on a message board. Boo-fuckin'-hoo. What am I up to, almost four posts per day? Yeah, I really spend too much time here. I mean, four posts! Who has time for that? And on the subject of my own talents and hobbies, I've played the guitar for nearly five years, but I don't use that to justify anything I say on this board. Whether I play a musical instrument or not is irrelevant. Even before I started playing, I could still discern a decent song from a song that was total crap. It doesn't take anything more than ears to acquire that particular skill. And please, enlighten me on how my posts showcase my "lack of valid musical referances [sic]," so I can then point you to the nearest Spell Check function. I don't know what you want me to say...that I do, in fact, go outside? That I have hobbies outside of this message board? Read my profile again--I list a few, none of which have anything to do with computer games (which I don't even play).

Quote:
but it does explain why you are so bored in your youth..try going outside get some fresh air and sun..exercise, ride a bike.. fuck just go have some fun for christ's sake..you are too young and it's so uncool to be Bored that's so 2004 !!

I never claimed to be "bored" in my youth--I claimed to be bored by one song. Nor did I give any indication that I've never stepped outside. I know I've talked before on here about how I love to play basketball, but I guess you just ignored those parts of the posts of mine that you claim to have read. And again, I don't know how old you're assuming that I am, but I can assure you that I am 18, just like my profile says. I posted pictures of myself in the "Post a Picture of Yourself" thread on the Non-Sonics board that are only a year old. Go ahead and have a look at them if you're so intent on verifying my age.

Quote:
to compare original SY music to a JCash cover, doesn't make a valid point, you are talking in a circle of senseless babble..

The only comparison that I drew between Johnny Cash and Sonic Youth was that "Hurt" and Rather Ripped were both recorded by artists who are/were "over the hill," so to speak. Cash had enough sense to ask for help, and it resulted in one of the best covers of any song I've ever heard. Sonic Youth, on the other hand, wrote "Incinerate," which is a really shitty song. They could have used extra help, or at least used better judgment (which I know they are capable of--Murray Street proved that they could still make beautiful music, and that getting older didn't necessarily mean they had run out of ideas).

Quote:
If you were an SY fan which it is clear you are not you would see this release as an excellant show of SY talent, they bend in new and familar directions, there is nice feel of Sister and Murray St in the vibe of the album..

If you weren't illiterate, you would have noticed that I've said many times before that I HAVE NOT HEARD THE ALBUM YET. The comments that I made obviously pertained to "Incinerate." How many songs is that? One? Well excuse me for disliking one Sonic Youth song. As for my status as a Sonic Youth fan, I would hate to think that those two Sonic Youth concerts I went to were just accidents. And all of those albums purchased...oops!

Quote:
Pick up this month's issue of Mojo which covers beautifully the Beatles top 100 songs and reviews by many peers in the industry along with a review of the new album...

I don't like the Beatles. They bore me almost as much as "Incinerate."

Quote:
I'm not trying to bash you.. but it is BORING to read a little kid talk about things when it's clear they have no experiences to draw on..

What do I have to have experience in to be able to make judgments about particular songs? My nine-year-old brother likes The Vaselines, but I'm not going to tell him that he can't actually like The Vaselines until he grows up a bit. By the way, he's half my age, which still makes me 18.

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|