View Single Post
Old 07.12.2013, 02:31 PM   #3385
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
just for you ...

THAT IS FUCKING HILARIOUS!

Quote:
You and el Symbols are better placed to know but I think these periods where USA start to look good occur quite frequently. Its problem seems to be with consistently producing young players good enough to keep the momentum going. Mexico are in a dip at the moment but they've got some great young players waiting to emerge.

YOU SIR NAILED IT. The US team has never had a problem competing with any team in the world, it is CONSISTENCY and developing new talent which we lack. We are always on the cusp of advancing or winning big, and yet fall back a step. I think with Klinsmann we've addressed those final hurdles, as he has implemented a better "farm system" to bring in and rotate between new, young talent.

As to Mexico, (or even Spain) and their u-17 or u-21 teams, I don't buy into the model that a talented young team naturally translates into future talent. Those young players look great the same way college basketball phenoms look great, because they are playing their A game against a variety of mediocre and developing talent. Put those same players against the top rosters in the world? Its a 50-50 crap shoot that they can't make the leap. As to Mexico, trust me, their inching towards decline because the CONCACAF is getting better, they don't have that usual fodder to build up their confidence. As to Spain, we will wait and see if their young guys can step up in the Big Time

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|