View Single Post
Old 09.24.2008, 08:49 PM   #3
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
really? out of everyone on the board i thought ud be the most into them. tom smith waaaaay predated all the cut up/concrete/cock/noise that has been responsible for so many great records by bands like hair police, harry pussy, no doctors, and so many more. '...williamsburg' is his undisputed masterpiece, he took 7 ytears to make it and it actually sounds like it was meticulously crafted for 7 years i shit you now, unfuckingbelievable.

also check out these:
'where a horse is standing and where you belong'
'total harmony'
'vedder vedder bedwetter'
'an interview with the mitchell brothers'
'god and country rally'
'noon and eternity'
'the cortege'
the shave also has a collab with kevin drumm coming out, and his guitars with that band, pretty sure itll be another shave album of the year for me.

also, smith has done great stuff with others bands, most known would be pussy galore 'dial m for motherfucker', he also had a major part on the miss high heel record, which is the most chaotic record ever. also, his newish band ohne with ultra harsh (like harshest/heaviest thing ull ever hear) noise artist dave phillips, check out thier record 'ohne ms'.

also, to live and shave in la has many spinoff bands that try and continue the so called free glam aesthetic. the only one whos any good is to live and shave in la 2, which is rat bastard (the only other permanent member of the shave), weasel walter, misty martinez, and nandor nevai. their record 'kill misty martinez' is an underappreciated classic.

this is kinda like my favorite music, its just so diverse yes to chaotic, and just so, fucked up. i love it, and i want everyone else to wake the fuck up and live the shave!

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|