Thread: religion
View Single Post
Old 07.31.2006, 04:20 PM   #51
Lipslikewindows
bad moon rising

Lipslikewindows is a splendid one to beholdLipslikewindows is a splendid one to beholdLipslikewindows is a splendid one to beholdLipslikewindows is a splendid one to beholdLipslikewindows is a splendid one to beholdLipslikewindows is a splendid one to beholdLipslikewindows is a splendid one to behold
That's actually not true at all. Christianity is actually founded on the idea that living a good life gets you NOWHERE whatsoever. It's the fanatics that have turned it around. Even a cursory reading of what Jesus said in the Gospels demonstrates that being morally upright is, in the end worthless in God's eyes (as well as completely impossible).

And it's not a matter of "if you don't believe what I believe, you're going to hell", though it's been turned into that. It's "Hell is a place for people who don't want to be with God." So obviously, if someone doesn't want to be with God, that's where they would go (assuming Christianity were true).

As far as who it would make me happy to see in hell? The answer is absolutely no one. To be honest, and I'm not trying to be controversial, if I died and woke up in heaven, it would break my heart with joy to see Hitler there too. But that's not to say that he wouldn't be changed. Or that everyone else there (including me) wouldn't be too.