View Single Post
Old 05.18.2008, 11:09 PM   #13
Green Magnesium
100%

Green Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's asses
A few recent disappointments...

Joanna Newsom
Animal Collective
Vampire Weekend
Deerhoof

I realize that these acts are popular with some of the members of this board. I am NOT listing them to be controversial or anything silly like that. I actually checked them out because of mentions/praise on this board. After downloading a couple of albums, I honestly did not find anything to like about any of them. Vampire Weekend are dull, Deerhoof are too silly for words and both Newsom and Animal Collective are simply unbearable.

Maybe I just don't "get it" like some people "don't get" Sonic Youth. Actually, I can completely sympathize with people who hate Sonic Youth. I just happen to like SY's brand of weirdness/uniqueness... these other artists, not so much.

(The good outweighs the bad though... this board introduced me to many artists who I've been loving... Ex: Boris, Jesu, Mission of Burma...etc...)
Green Magnesium is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|