View Single Post
Old 08.16.2017, 06:48 AM   #337
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
I think most people on this forum never cared for them, it's not a case that we are 'over it'. The 'I am too cool for this band' argument is not a valid one either. Remember we often used to have threads about Paris Hilton and Avril Lavigne on this board. Conversations/arguments would easily switch from them to Charlemagne Palestine with nonchalance.

Yeah, I guess you're right. I think perhaps it's more that I'm hoping for an overtly political album with dance beats and apocalyptic synths. I did get into them for a bit, later in their initial run, because I felt that some of their songs had a Suicide-esque (a gelded Suicide, sure, but still...) kind of NYC post-punk thing blown up to arena proportions going on. There was a nice arrogant "fuck you" vibe to songs like "Dance yrself Clean." But that period was pretty brief. Not too interested at this point, but I still have a suspicion that I will like the new album..

"Too cool" was a stupid thing to say. So was "over it" for that matter.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|