View Single Post
Old 12.23.2012, 08:23 PM   #79
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
So many offered up: "WHAT IF's."

The State / Federal Government has criteria / background checks one must pass before issuing a conceal carry license. Ideally, someone who is mentally unstable would be weeded out. SURE - a teacher who is stable now may become unstable 5 years from now, so teachers who want to conceal carry on campus may need to be held to a higher level of scrutiny of yearly checks.

I do think it's important we all realize that any teacher at any time could bring a gun to school and shoot up the place. Just think of the thousands and thousands of teachers who have handguns at home, any morning they could place that gun on their person and enter the school. Best I can remember is no teacher has ever shot up her class room, but it has ALWAYS BEEN a possibility.

In the scenario I provided in the previous post, the teacher who reacted in time to hide her students would then have time to retrieve her gun......best case scenario being the students never see her holding the gun. Excuse me, but ONLY A FOOL would think said teacher would keep a weapon just lying in a desk or cabinet drawer - ABSOLUTELY NOT!

There would be requirements to keep it in a fingerprint safe that was mounted to the floor or wall.

These type safes are so well built you could spend the entire day with crowbar trying to gain entry and you would end up with tired hands and a wasted day. One manufacture use to offer a one-hundred thousand dollar reward for anyone who could gain entry using nothing but a crowbar or sledgehammer.

you actually introduced the "what ifs" with your fantasy land where every teacher has a weapon so dont you get all high and mighty about that.

Anyway, a teachers sanity should not be weighed up after we've put a handgun in his hand. In the UK we have had ONE definite case of a police officer wrongly killing a civilian with a gun in my whole life. You can trust the police with guns if they know that other people arent likely to have them.

As for what you say about the teacher who hid her students. She didnt have a fucking gun, she hid the kids away and saved their lives. What if the teacher ISNT a quick thinking, dynamic person in that scenario? You wanna train your teachers as if theyre prison guards? Theres a nice old saying Americans have that says "Give me liberty or give me death". Maybe the best way of preventing the last of those is stopping people having stashes of deadly firearms in their houses. Just a thought.

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|