View Single Post
Old 10.02.2011, 10:35 AM   #7
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Noisefield
Oh... I'm sorry.

I saw another thread... "Post links to rare albums", so I thought it was ok.

My bad. Not sure why it's frowned upon, but ok. Sorry.

With in-print stuff there are loads of places you can get them from - see my link to a simple Google search - and as record companies still kind of want to make money out of this whole record selling business, they end to get upset when the larger part of the product they're selling is openly advertised for free.

Of course, this probably seems ridiculous in light of the sheer magnitude of downloading, especially on a forum like this, but ultimately that's a bottom line for some people.

The OOP thread is different because it's not commercially available. Though, obviously, there's the argument that says that OOP stuff doesn't then get to be in-print because everyone who might potentially buy it has already downloaded it. Thus ruining that lost psychedelic hero's chances of having a comfortable retirement.

[/Industry apologist bear doing a sadface]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|