View Single Post
Old 12.13.2010, 04:10 PM   #64
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
I think most of the comments on this thread emphaisze why riot grrl was important, why young women may need a space of their own. what would be described as a "safe" space so they can speak without being mocked and degraded and harassed. I believe the people most widely associated with riot grrl are really the least important, what really counted were all the individual zines and connections that were made, not who ended up as a celebrity or has the most read blog or got hired by some corporation. Maybe because I was a 30 year old man at the time, but riot grrl went right past me, suddenly I was reading about 100's of zines and young women doing their own thing. Intellectually, it probably was light weight, but culturally, absolutely essential - the political counterpoint to the bland, corporate alt-rock.
I saw Bikini Kill play and they were a fucking killer punk band.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|