View Single Post
Old 01.22.2013, 11:20 AM   #4
stophereyes
little trouble girl

stophereyes kicks all y'all's assesstophereyes kicks all y'all's assesstophereyes kicks all y'all's assesstophereyes kicks all y'all's assesstophereyes kicks all y'all's assesstophereyes kicks all y'all's assesstophereyes kicks all y'all's assesstophereyes kicks all y'all's assesstophereyes kicks all y'all's assesstophereyes kicks all y'all's assesstophereyes kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
"created way too much distance between artist, song, and audience"

what does this even mean?

Maybe it's not a good description, but Kim's vocals were buried in effects that seemed to be not what she wanted, as she seemingly gestured offstage to have someone change them (hence the "technical difficulties"). The piece started off sounding cool but veered so far into discordant/drone territory as to be unrecognizable, and as it dragged on with inaudible vocals there was not much that translated to the audience, so I think that is what the reviewer meant. It might have worked in a different venue, but in this concert hall it did not go over well, especially coming right after the opening number, "Frozen Warnings" with John Cale and his band. I love Body/Head, and I can see what Kim Gordon and Bill Nace were going for, but I think their experimental style didn't work in this venue as a cover of a known Nico song.
stophereyes is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|