View Single Post
Old 07.09.2007, 09:04 AM   #12
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
I think its the tendency of capital to get concentrated and the amoralistic power that it engenders that is bad. One of the great things about NYC has always been the 1000's of small independent stores. Lately Manhattan is getting more and more sanitized with every store being part of a chain. In midtown the classic NY deli is nearly extinct, its all one chain called Pax/Europa/City Deli with their $8 premade sandwiches. I mean, I ordered a pastrami and swiss last week and nearly got into an arguement with the guy cuz they served it cold. "You have to ask for a hot pastrami". WHAT!!I"m in NYC!!! Hot pastrami or corned beef is the default! Its supposed to be in a steam table.

One of the more brilliant achievements of western capitalism is our banking system that lends out the same money 7 times (I think thats the current restriction), of course that also has risk. It is one of the reason the West has been able to to move ahead of other societies. not everyone thinks this is great.

Your dollar(pound/euro/etc is a vote. If you want to vote for Bush, you go to Dunkin Donuts (owned by the Carlyle Group). If you want to vote for NYC, you go to Porto Rican coffee traders.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|