View Single Post
Old 07.02.2009, 08:43 AM   #13
eternal
bad moon rising

eternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmacneil
For those who have met any of the members of SY, how did you feel afterward?

I just met Thurston, Steve and Lee in Toronto (at separate times) and I gotta say, Thurston seemed quite standoffish. I'm not one to immediately label him an 'asshole' or anything like that, nor was I running up to him, screaming "I LUV U OMG!!!", but I saw him walking along the street, hours before the Massey Hall show, and I approached him. We spoke, he signed my DDN book, gave me a smile and a handshake, but still seemed rather distant.

Later, I was hanging around the stage door before the show (where I met Steve) and these two old hounds were trying to score autographs so they could sell em, (They knew NOTHING about Sonic youth. He asked me to point out 'the drummer' on the Jet Set album, and then asked me for his name) and were shunned by Thurston straight up, which I respect.

Anyway, I met Lee after the show, with a crowd waiting for him. He was quick and impersonal, but I managed to get a picture with him and everything.

It was a dream come true.

So, what were they like when you met them? Anything specific you noticed?

that's insanely lucky to see all 3 seperately! where was Thurston hanging out if I might ask?
eternal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|