View Single Post
Old 04.04.2009, 11:05 AM   #13
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
These are some sort of minimal records (though all of them fall more into musique concrete, noise, drone, etc...) that I feel have been pushing the limits of sound:

Idea Fire Company-The Island of Taste (seriously, the areas that Scott Foust is taking noise, drone, and sound art into is astounding. Pop this in and you shall hear high end, low end, drones, cut ups, squeals, squiggles, blah blah all morpihnh and mutating and colliding in with one another, creating a seismic force that is totally inpenetrable. I wish I heard this last year because its definitely my favorite record of 08.)

Graham Lambkin-The Breadwinner (musical genius or idiot or both, either way there is no denying that since the early days of the Shadow Ring that Lambkin has been making avant-clatter no music in a style that is totally impossible to re-create. This is my favorite solo record by him so far.)

Jason Lescaleet-Matrelessness (is it minimal techno? is it minimal noise? is it even minimal? is it music at all? no probably not. But it certainly is wierd and very very awesome if you can stand this sort of thing. I honestly can't get through the whole album unless I'm totally totally baked and not in the mood to have one thought cross my mind)

Lambkin/Lescalleet-the Breadwinner (inspired collab, pretty minimal I guess, I duno, its just awesome, my fifth favorite album of 08, but sadly I wasn't turned on to it untill Februrary.)

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|