View Single Post
Old 10.19.2017, 06:18 AM   #21749
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogologogolo
Just saw the new Blade Runner 2049. I feel a bit conflicted. Beautiful visuals and cinematography and a great soundtrack by Johann Johannsson. But the story made little sense and honestly, I think the movie would have been better if it wasn't a sequel. I honestly believe that Harrison Ford didn't need to be in the movie, and it would have been better if they had just removed him entirely. Also the CEO guy in the watery room was spouting some serious bullshit lines. Who wrote that nonsense?

Still, Villeneuve is a master and he did the original a lot more justice than most directors would have.

Johan Johannsson did not do the score. He left the project officially a few months ago. Pretty sure it was Hans Zimmer and Benjamin Wallfisch.

Anyway, your issues with the move make no sense to me. Remove Harrison Ford? Like, just him, or remove Deckard from the film’s mythology? No tie-in to the original? Uh. No. I don’t think that would have been better, or good.

It sounds like you’re saying they should take a great story and turn it into not a story at all, or something totally different than what it was. And I disagree. The story was excellent, and without Ford it would have been considerably less so. Without any Deckard/Rachel/Tyrell tie-ins at all it would have been... not a story.

So yah, I’m confused.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|