View Single Post
Old 03.12.2009, 04:50 PM   #10
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
you know those "sales" are not REAL right?

the ticket scalpers and the ticket vendors buy whole lots of tickets through a preferred vendor system, which allows them to gather up tix in the first few minutes they go on sale.
Not only that but the artist's themselves are now buying batches of the best tickets before they go on sale, so they can then re-sell them and make more money. article about that here.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123672740386088613.html

Virtually every major concert tour today involves some official tickets that are priced and sold as if they were offered for resale by fans or brokers, but that are set aside by the artists and promoters, according to a number of people involved in the sales.
That includes recent tours by Bon Jovi, Celine Dion and Van Halen, and a current tour starring Billy Joel and Elton John. Spokesmen for Bon Jovi and Ms. Dion had no comment. A spokesman for Van Halen said that the band could not be reached. A booking agent for Messrs. Joel and John did not respond to requests for comment.

all this bullshit helps the fake-ass HYPE machine to shout from all possible entertainment media that so-and-so sold 7000 seats in less than 3 minutezs! he must be relevant!!!!!!!