View Single Post
Old 02.18.2012, 04:21 PM   #79
Murmer99
stalker

Murmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's asses
I'm definitely a "loyal fan"... in that I'll always love them no matter what. They're probably my favorite band of all time actually. However, what demonrail said about them maturing is very accurate. They lost that spark they had early on imo... I never said I disliked everything after that, but most of it pales in comparison. I'm certain that Rain on Tin will always be one of my favorite songs of all time... NYC ghosts and flowers is solid but doesn't impress me too much as a whole. And... I know this isn't a very popular opinion but I find A Thousand Leaves quite dull. If anything, majority of it does get by on atmosphere... and is nowhere near the nightmarish masterpiece bad moon rising is! Society is a Hole wipes its ass with every song on ATL combined. I've always felt that confusion and bmr represent the essence of SY. But then there's always sister and DDN... after that, they didn't lose my interest or anything. They're a great example of what I think most bands should be like... unpredictable, challenging, forward thinking. They had their moments, but I still can't see how it even comes close for some... to their 80s output.
Murmer99 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|