View Single Post
Old 04.17.2010, 04:19 PM   #31
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
So I saw the free short show by the Drive By's at Harvest Records in West Asheville.

Review: Overall, pretty cool. They coulda served beer though. Instead people were standing around with their beer bottles and cans from the local conv store in paper bags. So tacky. Come on, Asheville natives, show some class.

More specifically, they did some nice sounding songs. I almost went in and bought one of their albums afterwards. Then it occured to me maybe I'd spent too much time in the sun. After all, I never really liked Skynrd. And they don't sound enough like Gram. So what the hell was I thinking. I guess I could get into them in a sort of lazy summertime beer-swillin' mindless kind of way the way I could get into some reggae. But not enough to spend 20 bucks on their slabs of vinyl. Plus their albums don't get stellar reviews. So...

Any way, so I went downtown to see what was going on in the other record stores. They sucked. Same old shitty inventory.

Bottomline: GOOD TIMES at Harvest Records. Absolutely the best record store in Asheville, maybe in all this part of the country. Inventory is super. Staff is extremely friendly. Nice store. Nice promos. Their record store day promo vinyl was fantastic, even though most of it really wasn't my cup of tea.