View Single Post
Old 12.01.2006, 11:53 AM   #13
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Fly
I'm going to make my first visit to New York City in January. I'll be staying in the East Village and was wondering/hoping if anyone here could help me out on some decent bars, restarants, diners in the area (or City wide) - the guide books i've bought seem useless. Also, any good record stores that might satisfy my craving for SY rarities, Pussy Galore, Live Skull, stuff like that?

on the east side there's kim's video for records
also other music, academy records, and (if you wanna take a train to jersey) the princeton record exchange. theres a funky one on avenue a... 215? i forget... i'll google & post more because my memories are shit.

as usual, i recommend avoiding bleeker st. records because it's staffed by unpleasant jackasses.

---

EDIT: on the subject of food, a few of my favorites.
the pastrami sandwich at Katz's, though insanely priced at $13, is certainly worth trying. sure katz's is now a tourist trap but i think/hear it's the last kosher deli in the area. you could also try ben's which is elsewhere but i hear actually better.

chinatown is great there is a vietnamese restaurant on 72 mulberry st. where you can get frog legs. and then there's an ice cream place around there where you can get bizarro chinese flavors like red bean (green tea ice cream is already a commonplace isnt it?).

anyway something else i like is breakfast in that ukranian restaurant on 2nd avenue on the east village. lunch or dinner is too starchy however and overpriced.

when you are there, check out the restaurant guide on the village voice they have a column for cheap places to eat. actually it's perhaps online but you gotta do your homework.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|