View Single Post
Old 06.27.2019, 06:36 PM   #41929
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses
Basically it's the theory that nowadays, the media we're exposed to is chosen (partly under our control, partly not) so that it basically reaffirms what we believe in and ignores conflicting viewpoints.

i.e. I follow The Guardian and ABC News (the Australian version) on Twitter, which gives me one take on the news - however, this means that I don't get views from other sides of the spectrum like Sky News.

And I know that I should try and be well rounded, look at things from both sides, but it's easier to go through life without looking at things that'll upset me. It gets worse when people (this one specific kid I know) will basically try and defend their viewpoint as 'stop living in an echo chamber!' and I feel like I do.
Making myself up as I go along. Check out my music-themed blog, 79:57.
choc e-Claire is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|