View Single Post
Old 04.11.2006, 09:46 AM   #123
ricechex
the destroyed room

ricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's asses
Well in the case of consumer's needing another cable service provider i.e,which is a hot topic nowadays, it is more about the one cable co. that is overpowering the freedom to choose another, b/c of the laws that r out there. I think it's regulation, or the law, that is needed to make it possible that that choice is out there to pick another. The one large cable co. has benefitted from LESS regulatory practices,inhibitting the other cable co. to get in on it.

I think we should both agree regulation is needed, but to what extent it is needed. In the case of Enron, they kind of make the case for more regulation by stating deregulation is what is making them get around loopholes. No one knew what the hell they were doing, coming up with hypotheticals for future non-traceable energy value. This took like 6-7 years for the govt to finally figure out what was really going on.

ricechex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|