View Single Post
Old 01.08.2011, 08:09 PM   #42
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by keep poppin pimples
tthe bass sounds awful and it was always one of the best parts of nirvana

Definitely want to reiterate this point, too, the bass -- what bass?! -- sounds like complete garbage on just about everything Albini produces. Unless it's distorted bass or something.

What I don't get is JESUS LIZARD's "Liar" album. That doesn't sound like Albini recorded it -- it sounds GREAT! Loud bass, great overdubbing guitar lines, etc. It really makes me think Albini loved that band so much that he probably spent a little more effort. Listen to the album that immediately followed "Liar" and it sounds like SHIT, though... supposedly this is when Jesus Lizard and Albini were having a falling out. Yow said he "sabotaged" the record; I think he just made it sound like all the other stuff he produces, which doesn't work for Jesus Lizard.

I think Albini would've done a great job on early Sonic Youth, something like "Confusion is Sex" (or even something later like "NYC Ghosts and Flowers"). But can you imagine him producing, oh... a song like "Cross the Breeze"? That would've been a mess.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|