View Single Post
Old 03.25.2007, 11:35 AM   #20
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
I love the Lille '02 Kotton Krown, I bet that's the one you mean specifically.

You are so right.

Skip Tracer is so much better live (than on record) when Lee is in the groove.

Karen Revisited (Karenology) is always better live as the record's production is not poor, but "off" on that one in my opinion.
Most of Murray Street was done great live. I can't say the same for Sonic Nurse. They stretched-out in the studio on that one and failed to do most of them much justice live.

-------

How can I tell?

Well the bridge is always great, but every time they come out of it, he always sounds like shit on Pattern Recognition. It's like, "stop the fucking song"-bad.
I think he has the tuning notated wrong in some composition book and no one cares to tell him about it,
or most likely, that he simply needs one guitar for the bridge and actually needs another for coming out of the bridge, but since he doesn't have that particular needed guitar in his hand, he approximates by compensating based on the tuning of the guitar he's using. If this is the case, he should go get that needed guitar during the bridge, because it isn't working as he's been doing it.

And don't take this as your golden opportunity to pounce on me. I love Sonic Youth.
But any idiot should be able to hear (in the case of live video -see) the exact same thing I'm describing (nearly) every time they play Pattern Recognition. If people go to see Sonic Youth they naturally don't expect perfection, but they also don't want to hear that sort of thing either.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|