View Single Post
Old 03.21.2007, 06:50 AM   #14
Magic Wheel Memory
the end of the ugly

Magic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
Others might say that this gives fans the chance to experience the way the band was in their 1980s heyday. This seems a very odd idea to me, suggesting that they have sat down and decided that everything that they've done since DDN has been less worthwhile, and that they should start accepting that and become a nostalgia-based outfit.

By that logic, if I order dessert, then I must not have liked my appetizer or entree.

I respect your opinion on this, sonicl, but I don't accept the "either/or" notion that they either want to let fans experience a classic album or they are a forward-looking band. To answer your question, what I hope to get out of this is a great performance of music I've never heard them play. Then, next year, right on "schedule", I plan to see them again, playing mostly new music from a newly-released album. I plan to have my cake and eat it, too!
Magic Wheel Memory is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|