View Single Post
Old 10.31.2008, 11:17 AM   #64
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Yeah, I'm with you on that... I think the point I was making is that criticising noise at this point in history is a bit like the Daily Mail 'modern art isn't art' brigade. It's here, it's art, deal with it. It's fine to not like it, but dismissing it entirely is just critically rubbish. I'm more trying to undermine the reverence of noise fans rather than trying to explain what's good about it.

There was this really awesome industrial (as in EN style, not NIN style) band in Seattle in the late '80s to early '90s called the Metaphonics, and they had this hilarious song called, "I don't know what I like, but I know what art is!"

For some tangential reason, your post reminded me of that (though I'm going even further off topic now...)
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|