View Single Post
Old 09.01.2017, 07:22 AM   #23
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodcrystallisetosand
I still see them as a genre unto themselves really. Have naturally ventured into no wave/Branca/etc, as well as other atonal stuff, guitar based or composed, and all the other many, many threads to pull from digging into the band,

which is I equate SY with a genre unto themselves: the list of other artists/bands/composers/etc I've discovered THRU them is fucking long. The Branca stuff you mentioned; the composers on Goodbye 20th; the collabs on SYR's or any one of Thurston and Lee's improv releases; No Wave; Swans... but then there's the other side where they were covering The Carpenters and Beach Boys and Madonna. The Sonic Family Tree has deep roots and a thousand leaves.