View Single Post
Old 09.23.2015, 12:46 AM   #100
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Dude that Isle of Wight solo is exhibit A of shit drum solos..

I mean listen, i love Mitch, and i think he was one of few drummers who could really jam with Jimi. Indeed Buddy Miles didn't work out because he wasn't flexible enough. Indeed Jimi needed drummers who "follow" the guitar player instead of the more traditional other way assaround. Buddy couldn't "follow" Jimi and so they clashed. I think Bill Ward is perfect for Tony Iommi for the same reasons but Bill is much superior drummer to Mitch
No. Bill like Bonzo is clumsy bear. But they both do their job in their bands just great and I really enjoy it.

This text is from Mitchell Wikipedia sites:

Mitchell auditioned for Hendrix's band in October 1966, edging out drummer Aynsley Dunbar on the flip of a coin. His contribution to Hendrix's music is widely and deeply appreciated. In the studio, Hendrix would often record alone with Mitchell. On stage, the two fed off each other to exciting effect. Mitchell's ability to provide an inspiring rhythmic platform for the pre-eminent guitar groundbreaker of his day, stands alongside Ringo Starr's accomplishment of providing a vital, creative, but ultimately supportive role with the Beatles. Highly praised examples of his collaboration with Hendrix include the songs "Manic Depression", "Stepping Stone", "Little Miss Strange", "Fire", "Third Stone from the Sun", and Hendrix's signature "Voodoo Child (Slight Return)".

Mitchell came from a jazz background, and like many of his contemporaries in the London scene, was influenced by Elvin Jones, Max Roach, and Joe Morello.[9] He played in Hendrix's Experience trio from October 1966 to mid-1969, in the Woodstock band, (August 1969), and in the 1970 "Experience" version with Billy Cox on bass, known posthumously as the "Cry of Love band".

I think Mitch did quite Jazzy thing. Bill & Bonzo never did jazz and I donīt think theyīre even capable doing it. Also, you remember that Bill canīt do anymore the things he did in the seventies (I think that was the main reason why he didnīt play in 13). Of course itīs from his age (also drugusing) but I think Bruford still does great work even theyīre in the same age.

Of course you can like Bill more than Mitch, I prefer Mitch although really like also Bill. But itīs nothing to do the skills.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|