View Single Post
Old 01.07.2007, 05:39 PM   #70
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
Waking Life did more with the effect. On that one, Linklater had several different graphic artists (or teams) with different styles for each of the sections.

I don't really agree on that point. I liked Waking Life, but it was so whimsical compared to ASD. The effect works for either concept - a dream like surreality, or a paranoid drug-addled hallucination fest - however it seemed more focused to me in ASD. But then, the whole technology had aged considerably between the two movies, and Linkletter took years longer than anticipated to pull it off in ASD. Waking Life felt more like a cartoon to me, while ASD felt like a hallucinatory reality.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|