View Single Post
Old 01.07.2007, 04:59 PM   #61
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex's Trip
I watched it and liked it. I didn't think I'd be able to get past the rotoscoping, but it didn't bother me.

That's because so many people on here, and elsewhere, have missed the point of the animation! Sure, it would suck in a different movie, but it's essential to what Linkletter did here. He's capturing the crazy hallucinagenic experience of one of PKD's most overt drug paranoia tales! Which is saying a lot, as all of his books have some thread of that going through them, but here, it's the whole experience. Everything the characters are seeing all of the time is completely distorted by drugs and technology (in the case of the scamble suits, but also the monitoring devices), so this medium was perfect to capture their experience.

Plus, with animation, you can put expressions on Reeve's face, which leads him to suddenly be completely convincing as somebody besides himself for once. Though Woody totally steels the show.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|