View Single Post
Old 06.22.2019, 03:52 PM   #51527
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_
To me that word is automatically associated with the Anouk song Girl
Back in the late nineties she could have become big in the US, she was on the verge of signing a big contract. But then she got into a big argument with one of the bosses of Sony Music and the deal got cancelled. Apparently she pushed him from the stairs (she was drunk). And now actually her son is playing college basketball in the US

I have that word association as well occasionally. Favourite example was at work during a project meeting. The project lead mentioned the word "wave" and instantly, for the rest of the meeting, and the entire duration of the project I had this song in my head, including the video: Sebadoh - Ride The Darker Wave

Let's do another word game

I'm moving towards a state of choc
Repeats again of what's already been said
The same mistakes keep hitting us like booby trap blanks
We still learn nothing, living in Tinseltown

Anouk reminds me of my sister. She used to play those compilations of semi-comercially successful Alternative acts back in the late 90s and early 2000s. I think "Nobody's Wife" was on one of them. Or maybe she just mentioned Anouk once. Anyway, those compilations were probably the easiest way to get exposed to music other than whatever was topping the charts at the time in the little town I grew up in. Anouk, K's Choice, Skunk Anansie ... I somehow associate the three of them with my sister and those compilations, though I have no idea if they all were listed on the CDs she had. Your memory does tend to play tricks on you sometimes and that was like 20 years ago after all. Anyway, fond memories, nostalgic even.

And cool to see I'm not the only one. It sometimes even happens automatically without me noticing at first. There might be a song stuck in my head for some time and I can't quite put my finger on why exactly. Then through some thorough mental backtracking I realize that someone used a specific phrase that reminded me of that song. It's quite sneaky.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|