View Single Post
Old 10.15.2009, 05:46 AM   #78
Sonic Youth Gossip
stalker

Sonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
What musical integrity have you got? You listen to Smashing Pumpkins, and only post about Authecre like it's the only music ever made.
i haven't listened to the pumpkins in a good couple of years. yes billy is a MASSIVE cunt but still a very capable musician (especially back in his hey-day) and an excellent guitar player. pumpkins don't really do it for me anymore, but that doesn't mean i can't appreciate the effort that goes into it. also i'm not denying that my favourite musicians are making money off what they do. of course they are, but the music they produce is at least (in my eyes) of substantial quality and is not entirely motivated by profit.

i'm guessing by "Authecre" you mean autechre. i post about aphex twin, squarepusher and boards of canada just as much as i post about autechre. and why? these people push music beyond the norm and have inspired many to do the same. they are not the only to do so, but are my personal favourites so it makes sense that i'd talk about them a lot.

i think you're grabbing at straws a bit
Sonic Youth Gossip is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|